Garren's Aquariums

Garren

Got a ICH outbreak in my 20gal. The stressed out Chili Rasboras I put in yesterday have ICH. Feel bad for the little guys. So I am glad I started my Med trio today. However, because I have a active infection I will follow the ICH-X instructions and dose daily with water changes. I did bump my heat from my normal 77.2 to 82 to help with the process. I also added 1 tablespoon of salt to help. Did not want to add any more salt than that because of the plants. (Following the video guide on aqaurium CO-OP for ICH-X).

The only question I have is if I should run the other meds in the trio as I normal do without a active infection once I rid the ICH? I did dose the trio but will be doing 1/3 water changes (6 gals) daily and reducing only ich-x while treating the ich and feel the other meds effectiveness will be reduced.

Edited by Garren

Temperature has been steady at 82 degrees. Did a 6 gallon water change today and redose of ich-x. Fish seen to be handling the increased temperature and the dosing. Already have seen some white spots disappear on a few fish. So far everything is moving in the right direction. 

Did another water change and dosed again. Today did not see any white spots on the fish. 🤗  This is the 3rd day dose. I will dose again tomorrow and probably again the following day to just make sure. Lost 2 fish through the process but I don't believe it was due to ICH. More likely from the higher temp and water changes everyday. That is stressful for them.

• Like 1

Yesterday I put in the last treatment. No signs of ich. 🙏 However I lost 7 Chili rasboras through the treatment. 😢 

I did learn through the process which is a good thing. I find myself learning the most through personal experience. 

• Like 1

Super stoked about my new fish on the way. I had some misfortune with chili rasboras and only have 3 to 4 left. So to ease my setback pain I ordered some different fish from a source that I trust (Aquahuna). Espei Harlequin Rasbora and Emerald Dwarf Rasbora and two nerite snails. 

Well new fish came in. Sad and happy at the sametime. The espei Harlequin Rasbora's did make it in shipping but I know Aquahuna will make it right (no worries there). Just sad that they did not make the trip. Happy that my emerald dwarf rasboras came in alive and active and so did my two nerites. The snails already started cleaning the brown algae. Excited to see the rasboras color up! 

Oh, Adrian (still not sure what species he or she is yet) seems happy to have some tank mates as well. 

Will post some photos once they get comfortable in their new home. 

• Like 1