New to plants help request

I've recently started a planted tank with a few different plants which are mostly root feeding plants. I just purchased some root tabs from here and placed them in my substrate (sand) but they have mostly floated out of the sand. What do I need to do about this? Why did it happen? How do I prevent it from happening in 3 months when I do the next round of tabs?

Thank you in advance 

5 minutes ago, Adam1412 said:

I've recently started a planted tank with a few different plants which are mostly root feeding plants. I just purchased some root tabs from here and placed them in my substrate (sand) but they have mostly floated out of the sand. What do I need to do about this? Why did it happen? How do I prevent it from happening in 3 months when I do the next round of tabs?

Thank you in advance 

I think on a recent live stream there was mention of poking a hole in the root tab.   A week ago I added some root tabs to a tank, using the corner of a razor blade I carefully poked a slit in the top and bottom of the tabs, no issues with them at all.

I think its air stuck inside them and the holes help it get out.  A razor blade is what I had, but a thumb tack, safety pin, just about anything sharp should work.

Edited by MattyIce
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1