water conditioner question

Gloryview Farm

so, as a true newbie here, I seem to have soo many questions!  here's the latest.  I just bought Aquarium Solutions water conditioner (from here).  but when I read the label, I see it says to not use with any permanganate - based or chlorite-based products.  I have looked at most of my stuff here, but can't for the life of me figure out what I might be looking for in a "based" type product.  Can anyone help?  I have Fritz zyme 7, and Seachem stability here, which I think should be ok, but what do I need to watch out for?  how about using it with the med trio?

thanks all!

4 hours ago, Gloryview Farm said:

thanks for the reply.  guess I'm still confused, it says to not use permanganate, so I don't think they want me to buy it.  my question is, what products contain permanganate or chlorites?  thanks again.

lol so sorry. I thought it said TOO use it with permanganate.

Potassium permanganate is used as a disinfectant and can sometimes treat some external infections. There are probably other uses.

It's an oxidizer as is chlorite which would react with a dechlorinator the same way chlorine would react. I'm not sure what the problem would be other than making the treatment less effective.

this is just the information I needed, since I know what products to check - and it's not any of the things I usually use.  this forum is such a help!  thanks all.  I can now sit in peace as I gaze at my tanks (sure am getting a lot of sit and watch time nowadays, but I think watching the fish is really therapeutic!)