Yo Yo Loaches - Absolutely fearless

morphy1701

I have two Yo Yo Loaches in my 55 that I adore and they are not shy at all. Whenever I'm doing any housekeeping or even changing the water, as soon as I put my hand in the tank they come right up and start nibbling to see if they can find any tidbits. I've had other fish that will nip a fingertip when expecting food, but none so relaxed about my entire hand. Anyone else have this expereince?

Nope, I have two massive yoyo loaches and they never come up to the surface. My loaches are so shy and only come out at night. Even when I am dropping their favorite foods they would never come out of their caves unless the tank is dark and no Siamese algae eatr in sight. 

My golden dojo loaches exhibit similar behavior. They even let me pet them during water changes, and one of them let my 4 year old daughter hold him in the tank. Ive never had a pet fish do that. I was eventually able to train them to eat bottom feeder pellets right out of my hand. Here is a pic of one of them below. 

6270A99B-AF90-4100-81B4-D3EA2AB3A1A7.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Will Billy said:

My golden dojo loaches exhibit similar behavior. They even let me pet them during water changes, and one of them let my 4 year old daughter hold him in the tank. Ive never had a pet fish do that. I was eventually able to train them to eat bottom feeder pellets right out of my hand. Here is a pic of one of them below. 

That is really cool! I've only recently began to appreciate the cuteness of dojo loaches.