water testing

Lemon

is use api liquid test kit

is there a way I can speed up water testing? specifically gh, kh, ph, nitrates

I'm really clumsy and I spill/drop the test tubes all the time 

do the tetra test strips work well? are there quicker test or ways to speed up the current tests

12 minutes ago, Dawn T said:

I love the Tetra test strips. They work great. I just wish they also tested for ammonia. I use the API Freshwater Master Kit to test for that. Also, I have the API tests for GH and KH that I use to monitor mainly the KH.

Not sure if you are aware that tetra does make a ammonia only test strip. 

4 minutes ago, Garren B said:

Not sure if you are aware that tetra does make a ammonia only test strip. 

No, I wasn't! Thanks for the info! I'll be tracking that puppy down. It would be so much easier than drop-drop-drop. It would be so helpful, especially while doing initial setups like my jarrarium that's just over a week old. I'm monitoring the water in that every couple or so days so I know when it's safe to put something besides snails in there. Thanks HUGELY for the info!

UPDATE: I just ordered some of those! Thanks again, @Garren B.

Edited by Dawn T

• 2 weeks later...

my test strips are here and I was wondering how accurate they are 

in my planted tank

I have neon tetras and pygmy cories and neither seem stressed 

ph 8.4

gh 300

kh 300

nitrates 20-40 I'm not sure 

nitrites 0

chlorine 0

I added 2 cattapa leaves and I will get Malaysian driftwood soon

my Coldwater tank is the same

Edited by quirkylemon103

I am also a big fan of the tetra 6 in 1 strips, you need to keep moisture out though or they can go bad, I think thats why they get such a bad wrap cause people don't store them properly. 

I really would love a digital one though as well, I go through sooooo many tetra strips I feel an electric meter would save me money in the long run. I wish I wrote down the brand, but at the aquatic experience in Secaucus NJ there was a 250 dollar digital meter that tested for a ton of stuff allegedly super accurately, I wanted to buy it but forgot to go back in all the excitement. 

10 minutes ago, GardenStateGoldfish said:

I am also a big fan of the tetra 6 in 1 strips, you need to keep moisture out though or they can go bad, I think thats why they get such a bad wrap cause people don't store them properly. 

I really would love a digital one though as well, I go through sooooo many tetra strips I feel an electric meter would save me money in the long run. I wish I wrote down the brand, but at the aquatic experience in Secaucus NJ there was a 250 dollar digital meter that tested for a ton of stuff allegedly super accurately, I wanted to buy it but forgot to go back in all the excitement. 

this? 

image.png.ef73efd217c3a54d0bec027b04037822.png