Connor Elliott

I moved my fish out of my display tank into a a little floating quarantine container because he seems to have wasting disease/parasites and I am treating for it now I am afraid that he might have left parasites in the main tank in the substrate through his poop and stuff so today I Took a lot out of the main tank to gravel vac which was super stressful for me and my OCD and anxiety and I don’t even think I gravel vacuumed it that good and it is hard to vacuum in my tank because it’s a 10 gallon lushly planted and with drift wood so it’s hard to gravel vac and I don’t like having to pull everything out. can you keep parasites at bay with gravel vacs?and I’m deathly afraid of medicating my tank because the last time I did that it killed my damn cycle so I just don’t know what to do or if there is even parasites in the substrate or tank.

What med are you treating with I have treated my main aquarium with general cure and not had any problems with my cycle your better off treating the hole aquarium to get rid of parasites

Edited by Colu

I would treat with paraclense. To get rid of this disease treating is the best option. Just because it uncycled it once doesn't mean it will do it again. I would do one dose of paraclense in the main tank (just to make sure its gone) and then do a full treatment in the container.

1 hour ago, James Black said:

I would treat with paraclense. To get rid of this disease treating is the best option. Just because it uncycled it once doesn't mean it will do it again. I would do one dose of paraclense in the main tank (just to make sure its gone) and then do a full treatment in the container.

By one dose do you mean one full treatment?