Clown killifish from yesterday, better pic

ND1990

1 minute ago, Colu said:

It looks like an injury you could try aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3gallons and monitor for one week the salt will stop the wound from getting infected

Okay I have to get some. Is API aquarium salt good enough?

Best i can tell from the pictures plus your description of it, i am inclined to agree with ND1990 in that it appears to be an injury and not a fungus. Double check your heater just in case to see if it might be a burn, yet im sure you would have noticed other tank issues if it was an off the rail heater. Yeah I also use API aquarium salt. Follow the directions and dont over do it. 

4 minutes ago, Will Billy said:

Best i can tell from the pictures plus your description of it, i am inclined to agree with ND1990 in that it appears to be an injury and not a fungus. Double check your heater just in case to see if it might be a burn, yet im sure you would have noticed other tank issues if it was an off the rail heater. Yeah I also use API aquarium salt. Follow the directions and dont over do it. 

The heater is much lower, he tends to stay up top, but he chases the female clowns I have at times so I’m thinking he may have done something then. I put him in a quarantine tank for for just in case. Thank you guys for the help.