Journal for 29 gallon

Squid88

This will be a journal for the progress of my 29 gallon aquarium. I have finished the hard scape on this tank, and will include an image of the hard scape. I have given control over what fish, plants we put in to my boyfriend of two years, Austin. He wants to stock the tank with gold white cloud minnows, panda corydoras, bristle nose pleco, snails. For plants in the tank Austin likes the look of the aquarium lily, so I want to put one of those in the center, java moss on the rocks and wood, and val around the back third. I would love input on how many of each stock we should get. 

PXL_20210121_033713286.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Squid88 said:

I have ordered 12 gold white cloud minnows from aqua huna. The other day when we went into our LFS they had koi angel fish, do you think we could put one angel fish in this tank? 

You could keep one angelfish, but there is a good chance that with one it would hide most of the time. they like to be in groups. In a 29 gallon, you could keep a group of 4 easily. 

• Like 1

My order from Aqua Huna arrived last night, everyone was doing fine. this is a photo of the white clouds this morning. After I took the photo we were talking about what other animals to add to the tank and Austin decided he liked the look of the small fish against the large wood and rock, so I suggested getting a reticulated hill stream loach instead of a bristle nose pleco. I am not going to be heating this tank so for that reason and their size we decided to abandon the idea of angel fish. 

PXL_20210128_165117895._exported_699_1611852715841.jpg

• Like 1