Impulse fish purchase - strawberry spot hillstream loach (Erromyzon sp. "ER02")

IMG_20210120_141427.jpg.51b5c7fcd2b8ebb97e0c163c3637da89.jpg

Not often I see rarer fish in my LFS that are compatible with my communities. Paid $21 for this guy/gal - which is a lot compared to my usual MO of buying schools of $5 fish. The only higher priced fish in my house is the betta. 

Once I put it in my 90-gallon, it disappeared for a week, but has since become more comfortable so I could get a photo. 

Anyone else keep these? I haven't even kept the more common hillstream loaches before. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 4:09 PM, StephenP2003 said:

IMG_20210120_141427.jpg.51b5c7fcd2b8ebb97e0c163c3637da89.jpg

Not often I see rarer fish in my LFS that are compatible with my communities. Paid $21 for this guy/gal - which is a lot compared to my usual MO of buying schools of $5 fish. The only higher priced fish in my house is the betta. 

Once I put it in my 90-gallon, it disappeared for a week, but has since become more comfortable so I could get a photo. 

Anyone else keep these? I haven't even kept the more common hillstream loaches before. 

I also just bought this fish on a whim because my LFS didn’t have what I wanted. How has your expedite been so far? 

1 minute ago, Ariel S said:

I also just bought this fish on a whim because my LFS didn’t have what I wanted. How has your expedite been so far? 

Every few days or so he graces me with his presence to eat algae on the wall. I have a long dim period programmed for the evening so I can watch the start of nocturnal activity as I'm settling in for bed, and I'm more likely to see him during that time. 

• Like 2