sick guppy with big belly

CT_

One of my guppies started to slow down about 3 days ago and yesterday when feeding he went to the food but didn't eat.  My wife remarked about a week ago that his belly got big.  He spends most of his time pretty still near the surface now.  Anyone know what could be wrong?

temp 75f, ph 7.6-8.0 (hard to read, but steady), gh 6, kh 3,

A/N/N 0/0/5

PXL_20210120_180748378_MP.jpg.6bf58a3918cd4a44dff3eefb8a046b41.jpg

It could be an early sign of dropsy, though its really difficult to tell before the pinecone stage. I am battling that now with a fish, and I would suggest you may want to begin a course of action (or at least prep fully for it) as if it was. From what I've read, it's usually too late by the time you see the pineconing.

With that being said, he may just be constipated. Perhaps lay off feeding for a day or two, and then when you do feed...something easily digestible. (Pea, daphnia)

Edited by quikv6

Yeah I hate to say it but doing the math (price of fish and odds or surviving dropsy) it's hard to justify meds too.  I'm going to hope this guy is just constipated and will work it out.  I've watched him and its been two feedings that he's missed so far.  I guess fingers crossed. 

When you say Pea do you mean like green peas from the freezer like you eat for dinner or grade school lunch or whatever?