Favorite, Most Memorable, or Most Treasured Fish

Guppy Guru

I admit I am a bit ashamed of this story, but here it goes.  In college, I was trying to impress a girl as we walked through the pet store, so I pointed at the angelfish tank and said, "they named that one after you!"  She fell for it, I scored a laugh and a kiss, and we ended up leaving the pet store that day with a 3.5 gallon tank, gravel, a plastic plant, and a quarter-sized marble veil angel.  I didn't expect it to live long, but it sat in my dorm room for almost a year, (much longer than the girl stayed around!).  It got to the point where this angel had it's bottom fins dragging on the gravel, and the top out of the water on top.  Eventually, I donated it to a teacher in the biology department that had an empty 225 gallon.  

Hopefully, I've learned my lesson, and the angel I'm looking to get now will have plenty of room in his 37 gallon playground. 

• Haha 1

When I was in high school I went from a 20 gallon to a 150 and after about a year of my 150 gallon Being up I had a crash when I was away for a week. I then thought it was a good time to get a different fish. So I went to the internet and ordered a fish I named him bubbles because he was only 3 inches long and played in my bubbler. He was so cute I felt bad it was just him in this giant tank but he would come say hi to me and would beg for food and splash at me when it doesn't come fast enough. That was 11 years ago now and bubbles is still with me he is in an 800 gallon now and around three and a half feet long. He still plays with bubbles and I give him a ball every now and then. And he dose still splash me when I don't bring food fast enough it just makes a lot more of a mess now.EBF82CFA-F4FD-462F-8DDD-78692946EF8F.jpeg.3ffe1b4280a54d70d6f6c321d5bb620a.jpeg71951CC3-6751-4551-9888-02DC559C5FEF.jpeg.8daa03bde43b1951dde18ebd117487c7.jpeg