dwarf aquarium lily

Lemon

so I ordered a lily bulb from the co op and I rinsed it in aquarium water and it has fuzzy stuff on it know this normal after a while of being in a tank and its fine but as soon as its in the tank? it doesn't smell bad or feel squishy. 

also I don't have lights or ferts right now is there one i should prioritize I can order one or the other right now and it will be another week before I order the other. also the tank is lightly stocked right now(3 neon's 1 pygmy cory btw I'm adding more soon) but I could up the feeding if that will help

In my opinion, probably the lights, especially since you have the fish, which are producing waste, it would be similar to a Walstad tank, but unbalanced, which might work for a short amount of time? Maybe if it's safe lessen the amount and frequency of water changes, and/or put a bit of extra fish food in so the fish poop more, depending on how much your tank's biological filtration can handle? Just my opinion, and will probably have to be adjusted to your tank. 

Newbie here but I'm excited to share how well my dwarf lily and banana plant from coop's doing, see timeline pics below. As amateur gardener, light's everything to a plant. The fuzz went away on its own but the white hair algae was worrying for awhile for a couple of weeks.  (Similar occurred with new driftwood.)  I add in 1 pump of Easy Green with my weekly water changes, don't know how it'd do w/out it, probably fine?  I bought a light online that has 12 hr built in timer.  In the beginning, red dwarf lily was growing almost1 cm a day, it was so exciting.

Side comment, I don't know if banana lily plants normally grow their roots like that so that it'd prop itself up. I'm surprised how much I enjoy aquarium planting.

plantprogress.jpg.24a85b9d5d1603d867dc38cf6d18bda2.jpg

Edited by pnwch