PLZ HELP!!! MY BETTA IS A MONSTER

AaronSM

I have a 29 gallon planted tank that has a betta in it. I recently bought a dozen neon tetras and ever since i got them, my betta has been chasing them around and they usually hang around in opposite ends of the tank. Is this normal? Pkz help

For some individuals, pretty much normal. Some bettas are more aggressive than others. I had one I kept in a community tank without a single issue, other than him picking at plecos for some odd reason. Another I had? I couldn't keep him with anything but snails, or he'd harangue them to death or even kill them outright.

If he doesn't desist in a week (or the teras seem stressed even during feeding times or are damaged) you probably have a problem child on your hands. In the future you may have better luck adding a betta last. Even in this case, your best option is to remove him to a smaller home, finish stocking the 29g, rearrange the decor a little, and try adding him back in after all the other fish are happy and settled.

Ok Ill wait a week since he is just following the tetras and have nit caused any harm yet and if everything is not normal by the end of the week, ill move the betta to a 3 gallon that i have and keep him there for a 2 weeks or so. thx for the help everyone