My crayfish molted but her claw is stuck! HELP

Malakaiea

So my crayfish molted and her claw is very much stuck I have read lots of different opinions to help them get it off or leave them but this is really stuck i tried to slightly tug it to see and it isnt budging so what should I do? Any time I try to help her a bit she gets very stressed and flips over I don't want to stress her and kill her that way! I am so worried 😞 She is still trying to get it off and watching her struggle is breaking my heart

139370938_1114726772310371_1144932921124300220_n.jpg

139743968_879077276187875_4161485223330917013_n.jpg

Edited by Malakaiea

• Administrators

I'd give it a couple days. Nature usually finds a way. After that, remove it yourself. I always tell myself, no one in nature is helping them remove it, so it's likely it'll happen itself.

I agree with Cory. Leave it bet and let her work it out. 

Just to let you know if she struggles to and she somehow looses the claw it is okay! They will grow it back it just may take a few sheds to grow back to a normal size. 

I used to look after a clawless yabby when I was little (the place I got him the others ripped it's claws off) and he never grew them back! But he lived for years and seemed happy none the less! 

Let it be and if worse comes to worse the claw might be lost but don't worry! It'll be okay! Just keep it comfy and safe and let it do it's thing. 

Edited by KoolFish97
  • Like 2

@KoolFish97 I have no problem with her having just one claw she would look adorable with a little nub and has nothing in her tank to worry about. this morning she even held her one claw up in my direction before I fed her as if to say "I still got this claw and I know how to use it!!!" I just feel bad when I see her struggling to try and get it off but when I put her feeding tweezers in to even try and help her leverage it she gets VERY stressed and I wouldn't want to stress kill her but it looks like she is still trying to get it off so I have faith in my girl.

• Like 1