Honey gourami pair experience

Michelle

Anyone willing to share their experience keeping a honey gourami pair M/F. Are they generally peaceful or will the male chase the female off too much. I have no desire to breed. My tank dimensions are  24 L x 12 W x 15.5 H" with one female honey gourami and 8 glowlight tetras in a planted tank. Any other stocking options and opinions welcomed, or am I fully stocked already? Thank you! 

I have 4 in my 75 gallon absolutely love them. No real aggression, somtimes a male would chase the other one for a second but never goes past that. Great personalities! Whenever I remove plants or did a water change they would all 4 run up and peck at my arm. Just make sure its heavily planted some are shy. Also mine prefer lower flow. 

• Like 1

I have 2 males in a moderately planted tank, with lots of hiding places. I have never seen aggression and they sometimes hang out together in a cholla tube. Other times they explore separately. They have not been food aggressive at all - I have 6 neon tetras that are downright pigs and the Honey’s just get what they want to eat then chill out again.

My LFS had suggested I get them to keep my tetras in place...That’s been a joke with these 2. They stay out of the tetras way most of the time. I adore their sweet nature and curiosity. 

• Like 1

Hi, 

Had a trio in the past with sparklings, tetras, cherry barbs and corys in a 44g and they showed no aggression at all. Maybe some chase while nesting, but they were quite calm. 

Now I have 5 with sparklings, endlers and corys and is definetly one of my favorite fish. They hang out together, do racing.. Really fun. 

• Like 1