air stone set up

stephk

Hello,

So I purchased the Ziss airstone, Nano pump, tubing and check valve for my 9.5 gallon tank.  I do not have a sponge filter so the airstone will not be placed in the filter.  I guess I am unsure of how to place the tiny airstone into my aquarium and the whole set up process. The only setups I have seen are for use with a sponge filter.   Do I push the little airstone into the substrate? If so, how deep?  

Thanks!

I usually put the airstone near the heater near the bottom of the aquarium, but not into the substrate.

image.png.420130a4a0a418f61b1d753333234b3c.png

I put the airstone near the heater so that the aquarium stays evenly heated. I put it near the bottom so that the bubbles cause the most amount of flow. If you want less flow, you can put the airstone in at a more shallow depth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I usually put the airstone near the heater near the bottom of the aquarium, but not into the substrate.

I put the airstone near the heater so that the aquarium stays evenly heated. I put it near the bottom so that the bubbles cause the most amount of flow. If you want less flow, you can put the airstone in at a more shallow depth.

This is what I do as well.

Connect the airline hosing to the airstone and put in your aquarium. As Daniel mentioned before, putting the airstone near your heater is a gret place to put it. But in the end it doens't really matter. 

Cut a small pecie off the air line hosing, and attach the small cut hosing to the air pump. Now attatch the check valve to the air pump. You can now attatch the big air line hosing that is attatched to the airstone to the check valve.

How to Use an Aquarium Air Pump (and Make Them Quieter) - Aquarium Co-Op

• Like 1

16 hours ago, James Black said:

Connect the airline hosing to the airstone and put in your aquarium. As Daniel mentioned before, putting the airstone near your heater is a gret place to put it. But in the end it doens't really matter. 

Cut a small pecie off the air line hosing, and attach the small cut hosing to the air pump. Now attatch the check valve to the air pump. You can now attatch the big air line hosing that is attatched to the airstone to the check valve.

How to Use an Aquarium Air Pump (and Make Them Quieter) - Aquarium Co-Op

Thank you so much! 

• Like 1