So I'm New

Nomad

Ok so I'm looking for some input on the fish I am getting. Ok so I have a 10 gallon kit tank(Filter, Heater, Light) and I plan on doing a planted tank. I have a great piece of driftwood and a cool rock I'm using for hardscape. Now to the fish. I was going to get some nerite snails(2), blue velvet shrimp, chili rasboras(10), and black neon tetras(6)? To much? Not enough? Other fish to add later? Thoughts? 

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

Ok so I'm looking for some input on the fish I am getting. Ok so I have a 10 gallon kit tank(Filter, Heater, Light) and I plan on doing a planted tank. I have a great piece of driftwood and a cool rock I'm using for hardscape. Now to the fish. I was going to get some nerite snails(2), blue velvet shrimp, chili rasboras(10), and black neon tetras(6)? To much? Not enough? Other fish to add later? Thoughts? 

I don’t really think “not enough” is a thing with an aquarium. This hobby focuses on your preferences and creativity. I’m sure there’s people that like the plants more than fish so they make a tank full of plants with a few or no fish as to avoid taking away from the plants. And I’m sure there’s some more towards not liking plants and only do fish. 
Then “too much” really comes down to how hard you want it to be. If you can put tons of fish in a tank and it will work if your doing a ton of maintenance to keep up with it. Where if you put very few fish in a tank you might not have hardly any maintenance. 

Anyway, overall that group you listed should work alright. 
With both the chili Rasboras and black neon tetras being schooling fish they may be more appealing to watch if you got a larger group of one. With being easier to do larger group of chili Rasboras versus larger group of the tetras in a 10g. If you wanted a second fish I’d suggest looking at one that didn’t want the same swimming area, maybe a bottom dweller.

But most importantly get something want and would enjoy. 

• Like 1