How to efficiently clean algae from artificial plants?

LaurieinIA

12 minutes ago, James Black said:

get a bucket of old tank water and a old toothbrush or new toothbrush that you plan on never using again. And scrub the algae off the plants with the old tank water and the toothbrush.

Thanks!  Honestly, I was hoping there was some simple, less laborious, method. 😕  I like the look of the plants I have, but keeping them clean is going to be a chore. 

Is there any harm in NOT cleaning them?  Other than that I don’t like how it looks?

20 minutes ago, LaurieinIA said:

Thanks!  Honestly, I was hoping there was some simple, less laborious, method. 😕  I like the look of the plants I have, but keeping them clean is going to be a chore. 

Is there any harm in NOT cleaning them?  Other than that I don’t like how it looks?

Nope, algae is not harmful to fish at all. Infact in their wild habitat they have algae everywhere!

6 minutes ago, James Black said:

Nope, algae is not harmful to fish at all. Infact in their wild habitat they have algae everywhere!

I didn’t think of it that way... Maybe I’ll learn to embrace it!  😊 It isn’t affecting my water clarity and all my water parameters are good.  The plants just “look dirty” at the top 

14 minutes ago, LaurieinIA said:

I didn’t think of it that way... Maybe I’ll learn to embrace it!  😊 It isn’t affecting my water clarity and all my water parameters are good.  The plants just “look dirty” at the top 

I see that you have some african cichlids. You could add a bristlenose pleco and he may eat some of that algae for you. Keep in mind you still need to feed bristlenose plecos.