toothgrinder

• pH 7.6
  • Nitrates 20
  • Hardness 2
  • Nitrite 0
  • Ammonia 0
  • KH/Buffer 7
  • Water Temperature 73

My dojo is clearly sick, I’m not too sure what it is. Noticed it yesterday, he’s slightly more lethargic than usual and has these weird spots. The one area on his back looks almost slightly yellowish but there’s also white on him, looks like his slime coat coming off sort of. Any input is appreciated, I’m going to do a water change and maybe up the temp a few degrees.

Nothing new has been added to the tank and no other fish is sick. Tank is always stable.

D1C3BE7C-E89F-424F-8DEF-3FBD675A6616.jpeg

EBC2138D-7D61-47DF-A82C-0E1BC7095F9C.jpeg

3484B086-CC30-4F84-9F7F-434AB3783542.jpeg

F504366A-9D3B-442C-B4CD-4B77D90D1274.jpeg

Is it fuzzy or more "solid". If its not fuzzy (which the picture looks like it isn't) It wouldn't be a bacterial infection but it Looks like hole in the head and the bottom picture possible resembles ich (not sure though its a weird looking ich). 

Hole in the head is often caused by hexamita and can be treated with Paraclense. I would suggest to start off with the paraclense as if it is ich paraclense should take care of that too. A Salt Treatment won't hurt and neither would the med trio.

• Like 1

The portion in front of his dorsal fin has healed, and now there’s a portion behind the dorsal that looks bad, and a spot near his tail end that was definitely cut physically unless there’s an illness that can mimic that. I’m starting to believe he hurt himself on lava rock which I’ll remove from the tank. Salt would help disinfect the wounds I imagine and clean water+good food to keep him healthy. No other fish shows any signs of distress and there’s like 30 in there. I wish dojo’s didn’t have to move like total freaks sometimes and potentially hurt themselves.

There is a bit of fuzziness in spots, but like I said, the spot in front of his dorsal was ‘fuzzy’ for a day and it’s all healed now, I think it was his skin/slime coat falling off and rebuilding not a fungus. Maybe bacterial. Definitely not ich, I have some experience there, I don’t think it’s hole in the head as the spots are anywhere except near his head. Tomorrow I can see him and add some more photos to show how he is progressing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toothgrinder said:

The portion in front of his dorsal fin has healed, and now there’s a portion behind the dorsal that looks bad, and a spot near his tail end that was definitely cut physically unless there’s an illness that can mimic that. I’m starting to believe he hurt himself on lava rock which I’ll remove from the tank. Salt would help disinfect the wounds I imagine and clean water+good food to keep him healthy. No other fish shows any signs of distress and there’s like 30 in there. I wish dojo’s didn’t have to move like total freaks sometimes and potentially hurt themselves.

There is a bit of fuzziness in spots, but like I said, the spot in front of his dorsal was ‘fuzzy’ for a day and it’s all healed now, I think it was his skin/slime coat falling off and rebuilding not a fungus. Maybe bacterial. Definitely not ich, I have some experience there, I don’t think it’s hole in the head as the spots are anywhere except near his head. Tomorrow I can see him and add some more photos to show how he is progressing. 

If its fuzzy its probably just a bacterial infection and it seems your going down the right path

6 minutes ago, Colu said:

I looks like secondary fungal infection I would treat with API fungus cure

Paraguard claims to help fungal lesions too, I’m going to change the water again today with fresh salt and paraguard you think I should add the API fungus cure on top of that? 

I manually wiped some of his white fuzziness off yesterday, and now today most of the rest of it fell off through the night. I wouldn’t have done it if he didn’t have such a bad case but I think it helped all the treatment penetrate and fight the infection. He’s easy to touch and handle so it didn’t stress him out too bad. So I think he’s over the climax of this and now has to recover, we’ll see how it goes. The fuzziness was way worse than the last photo showed, before mostly being clear in this photo. 

8B114C67-FD81-4A09-B75E-32FDD7F4AB1C.jpeg