Urgent my goldfish needs help please.

The nano tank man

My goldfish is still alive. He has a small patches of icy from a previous sickness. I know the water paremeters are: water is hard, oh is 0.0, nitrate is 0.0, nitrite is 1.0. He is just inverted at thr top I dobt know why. He can still swon up and down and still eats well. He shows no signs of bloated belly or a parasite. Because of nitrite I water change 50% twice a week and only feed every other day. Please I dont know what to do. I also dont know how much time he has left. Thank you

16103281313627938990242729174058.jpg

Floating inverted means he has a dysfunction or infection of the swim bladder.

First, change water to keep nitrite at 0.25, not 1. 1 is toxic. If that’s a long term situation, change something. Your filter or tank may be dirty or undersized. Long term nitrite poisoning will be contributing to this.

Next, check if he’s passing waste. If not, you have a constipation issue. Just because he’s eating doesn’t mean it’s coming out the other end. Long term pellet only diets are prone to this. Not a fan of peas, there’s nothing special about them, fish rarely take to them well, and they don’t have a ton of nutritional value.

Last, about the on,y medication I’ve ever had success with with swim bladders is kanamycin (kanaplex). You can try that, but it may not help.

Edited by AdamTill
  • Like 2

when you change water, do you add dechlorinator? listless at the top with that appearance can be from chlorine/chrloramine, if your water source has chloramine, it does not evaporate, overtime changing can add more and more in until fatal. bottom sitting and fin clamping is another sign, but the photo does remind me of chloramine poisoning, add seachem prime right away if you haven't been, or check if your dechlorniator binds to chloramine.