Resealing aquariums

rawb92

I just took my first crack at resealing a leaking aquarium, I used selsil aquarium grade silicone. Does anyone have experience with this product? And also does anyone have a suggestion for how long I should wait before water testing the aquarium? I have had it  drying in a basement  since last Sunday

(1-3-2021)with a fan and room temp is around 55 ish degrees 

Thanks in advance  and have a fintastic Friday! 

I always go with the smell test, no smell good to go. But if you aren't in a rush, I would give it up to a week as some folks have thicker beads of silicone than others. Never hurts to give it an extra day or two when the alternative is resealing!

4 hours ago, Drklude said:

I always go with the smell test, no smell good to go. But if you aren't in a rush, I would give it up to a week as some folks have thicker beads of silicone than others. Never hurts to give it an extra day or two when the alternative is resealing!

Not in a rush but my girlfriend has been waiting for the reseal and watertight test since her birthday in November, with the holidays I had to do a little at a time and finally now were just gonna go for it and if we have a good seal then she gets to pick out anything she wants at the LFS! Ironically I breed guppies and she dosnt want any lmao!