"Stay Awesome!" - Bentley Pascoe

Hello there folks, I'm Bentley.  I'm a mega-plant nerd, Master Aquatic Horticulturalist and a big fan of rainbow fish.  While I tend to be super busy at work, I'll drop by from time to time to say hi and answer questions where I can.  Professionally, I work as a software and hardware test engineer currently on a project for Microsoft's Hololens product.  Why does that matter you might ask, well I tend to bring my background and testing mentality into the hobby, often doing lengthy testing on various aquarium equipment and providing my results along with many other lessons on plants, rainbow fish and facets of the hobby on my YouTube Channel: Bentley Pascoe

IMG_20200320_071017.jpg

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Bentley Pascoe said:

Professionally, I work as a software and hardware test engineer currently on a project for Microsoft's Hololens product. 

Okay I just updated my answer to the What's your dream aquarium product that doesn’t exist? thread. I want @Bentley Pascoe to make us an augmented reality Hololens so we can walk around inside our aquariums and interact with our fish.

Here Mrs. Angelfish, let me pick off some of those fungused eggs for you. Hey Mr. Tiger Barb! Stop right now and leave Mr. Betta alone or your are going to get a whoopin!

Can we put this on the deliverables list for the next version of the Hololens?

Glad to see you here @Bentley Pascoe!

Edited by Daniel

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Okay I just updated my answer to the What's your dream aquarium product that doesn’t exist? thread. I want @Bentley Pascoe to make us an augmented reality Hololens so we can walk around inside our aquariums and interact with our fish.

Here Mrs. Angelfish, let me pick off some of those fungused eggs for you. Hey Mr. Tiger Barb! Stop right now and leave Mr. Betta alone or your are going to get a whoopin!

Can we put this on the deliverables list for the next version of the Hololens?

Glad to see you here @Bentley Pascoe!

I wish that were possible from my meager place on the team.  My project specifically doesn't have consumer level application yet, but I have hope that in the future this technology can lead us to things like virtual fish room tours, or virtual visits to wild fish locations like Peru, the Lakes/Rivers where rainbows live etc.  I talked about this a bit with Randy during a semi-recent episode of Aquarist Podcast.  I dream of a future where the tech I'm working on now has an impact into our hobby.

• Like 1