Columnaris?

FlyingFishKeeper

Hi everyone, my past few days seem to just be getting worse and worse... I noticed this spot on him, next to his gills could it possibly be columnaris? I'm guessing (hoping that I'm wrong) that it's not, but I'm hoping for some second opinions. He has been put under probably more than a healthy dose of stress recently as I rescaped his tank, and had to remove him from the tank during that. Then I had to do several water changes today to keep the water clean after a physical injury. I've noticed him being lethargic, not coming to the surface very often, sort of drifting around with the current, swimming in an unstable way, a slight list to the right, and swimming into glass, and other objects so he might be trying to scratch himself? My parameters are:

Ammonia: 0.05 ppm

Nitrite: 0 ppm

Nitrate: 10 ppm

pH: 7.2

gH: 300

kh: 140

Thanks! 

402423889_ScreenShot2021-01-07at10_01_08PM.png.3ef0e50041ed664fc166e3162dff1113.png

1324931547_ScreenShot2021-01-07at10_03_09PM.png.1e726ca79ada268bdef55d5946ff860d.png

775700316_ScreenShot2021-01-07at11_04_55PM.png.49ac5445ed96ae0da64ee33a21b3e67e.png

Edited by FlyingFishKeeper

Thank you, the first photo is unedited, the second has a circle around the spot, and the third is a zoomed in screenshot. He's much more stable now, and seems fairly interested in food. He might just not be able to see the food well right now due to his eye. Thx!

I don't think its columnaris it looks like a hole  it could be an injury parasitic infection  I would treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for 5 days if no improvement or gets worse use API general cure

• Like 1

So, I've noticed him scratching himself on the glass/plants/wood around the area on both sides of where the white spot was before it disappeared, my guess is a parasite. The area also seems to be kind of a wrinkle/dent around there now too? I'm hesitant to dose salt right now since I have plants, and I don't want to have to move him based off of what happened last time, plus it's probably going to be stressful for both of us. Although if it's something serious I'm fine with doing it.