Blackwater Tank Update

MickS77

I added the first fish to the tank. Three Vin Rio Tetras. I'm hoping to get more when my LFS can. It's a 75 gallon tank and has been seasoning since the beginning of May. I'm planning to add more botanicals back in to darken the water again. Next up out of QT will be a group of Lemon Tetras. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Lynze said:

I love blackwater tanks. It looks great Mick! Have you tried Rooibos tea for added tannins?  

Thanks! I haven't heard of that but I'll look into it. I'll probably just put another handful of leaves in. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

How did you decide which fish to put in?

I want a collection of the larger bodied tetras that I've never kept before. Bleeding Heart tetra, Blueberry Tetra, Diamond Tetra, Pristella Tetra, Red & Blue Colombian Tetra, Phoenix Tetra. I gave my LFS a wishlist, in fact I need to call them today and see whats on their wholesale list for this week haha

If I had more of them I would. I may hold back some of the Lemon Tetra I have to try spawning more. I am going to breed this Serpae Tetra I have. One male in particular is a much brighter vivid orange than the others, I want to see if his color breeds true.