Welcome to the C.A.R.E Forum - Look here first.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone!    Greetings from Miami, FL!  Looking forward to actively participating on this forum and learning as much as possible.    Here are a few of my babies!   

Hello everyone. Jon from Long Island New York here.  I recently got back into the hobby after a 6 years away. I thank Cory and his you tube for that.  I've been hooked on the coop's you tube for the p

Hello! I’m Ryo Watanabe from Japan. I’m really excited to be a part of this forum. Looking forward to learn and share more about this wonderful hobby here!  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Lonesniper said:

My setup fluval roma 125L . Filter fluval u3. light Roma 125 10w .

iv stocked it with 6 gold tetra 12 cardinal tetra 2 angelfish 2 pleco and 2 Cory all juvenile. I’m adding more live plants   

7F31ED96-386C-49F5-B925-86BE631CAEAC.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking tank you have there! Get some more Corydoras (same species as the ones you have), as they are social fish and are really fun to watch in groups.

4 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking tank you have there! Get some more Corydoras (same species as the ones you have), as they are social fish and are really fun to watch in groups.

Thanks Cory I was going to ask that question next .i was wondering if I added a sump would I be ok to add more stock like cardinal tetra size fish . My apartment as limited space as I use a wheelchair I have Parkinson’s disease 

25 minutes ago, Lonesniper said:

Thanks Cory I was going to ask that question next .i was wondering if I added a sump would I be ok to add more stock like cardinal tetra size fish . My apartment as limited space as I use a wheelchair I have Parkinson’s disease 

I would say get a large sponge filter. This would help to increase the bioload. Lots of live plants will also help. The only problem I see with more fish is that not everyone might have enough room to swim around comfortably. The angelfish and plecos (depending on the species) could get pretty big.

• Like 1

Hi, y'all! I'm fairly near Houston, Texas. My dil bought me a BiOrb 15L and a Petco Betta. Her twins named him Charlie. Now I'm a fishkeeping newb  again. So much has changed after 20+ years away from it! Y'all will soon learn that I'm not much of a photographer. I can't seem to show the beautiful turquoise radiating pattern in Charlie's tail and the turquoise blue iridescence over his body. He's a bit smallish, maybe young, and  swims laps around his tank so I'm in the process of setting up a lightly stocked 20g for him. 

20210413_113218.jpg

Edited by NonnaBeans
typo
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, NonnaBeans said:

Hi, y'all! I'm fairly near Houston, Texas. My dil bought me a BiOrb 15L and a Petco Betta. Her twins named him Charlie. Now I'm a fishkeeping newb  again. So much has changed after 20+ years away from it! Y'all will soon learn that I'm not much of a photographer. I can't seem to show the beautiful turquoise radiating pattern in Charlie's tail and the turquoise blue iridescence over his body. He's a bit smallish, maybe young, and  swims laps around his tank so I'm in the process of setting up a lightly stocked 20g for him. 

Howdy Neighbor,

I'm fairly close to Houston also; about 45 minutes away, between Navasota and Hempstead, and I get down to Houston once a month or so to check out a fish store or two.  Which direction are you?

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm probably recognizable to some of the staff once I get around to posting my setup and things of that nature. I'm RiskyBiscuit from the Seattle area and I'm obsessed with Cool plecos and have been breeding Cardinia and Neocardinia shrimp and betta for about a year now. Most of my fish are from Co-op and I've even had some of my corey cats start breeding in my shrimp hatchery's (They're smaller than the shrimp right now but I'm hoping they stay alive!). 

Here's a few of my plecos!

20210311_185950.jpg

20210311_185926.jpg

20210225_221512.jpg

20210225_221328.jpg

• Like 4

Hi! I'm Chloe, and I'm pretty new to this hobby. Right now I have I have two 5 gallon betta tanks. My pink female elephant ear is named Cupcake, and my male (rosetail) betta is named Captain Blueberry 🤣😅 I'm actually only in middle school but I'm obsessed with fish now!

P.S. Captain Blueberry looks like he has a mustache (that's why it's "Captain")😂

2021-04-18.jpg

2021-04-18 (1).jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Chlo said:

Hi! I'm Chloe, and I'm pretty new to this hobby. Right now I have I have two 5 gallon betta tanks. My pink female elephant ear is named Cupcake, and my male (rosetail) betta is named Captain Blueberry 🤣😅 I'm actually only in middle school but I'm obsessed with fish now!

P.S. Captain Blueberry looks like he has a mustache (that's why it's "Captain")😂

2021-04-18.jpg

2021-04-18 (1).jpg

Welcome to the forum! I got obsessed with the hobby when I was in middle school as well! Nice betta by the way.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Chlo said:

2021-04-18.jpg

2021-04-18 (1).jpg

Hi Chlo! Your bettas are both beautiful and their names are perfect! It looks like you're taking great care of them.