Content Moderation

Cory

• Administrators

These forums have moderators, and over time we'll be adding to our current staff with volunteer moderators. The majority of moderation will happen automatically. Depending on the Rank of forum poster you are, is how much weight your actions will have. 

As an example, someone who has been around a very long time on the forum, when they flag a post as inappropriate. It will be removed from public view until a moderator can take a look at it. If you are new to the forum, your vote may count as One of 3 or 5 votes needed to perform the same action. Likewise to avoid trolling, someone who is a long in good standing member, would need more votes than someone who has been on the forum for a couple of days. 

This removes a lot of the day to day moderation tasks and places it in the hands of the forum users. As a group we can decide if something has gone too far off track. While I hope this is rare, there will always be disagreements that pop up and might get a bit heated and people need to cool down. 

You'll notice that upon sign up, users have to accept the terms of service now. Also we have guidelines on the menu for posters to follow. This will evolve over time and just because something isn't there, doesn't mean it won't be against the rules. At the time of creating this post, I realize I forgot to say nudity isn't tolerated. Clearly this would be against our rules but wasn't posted yet. 

Here are some of the Rank Levels, these can change if I need to adjust, also please don't "chase" these ranks by spamming comments. We have an active community with meaningful content.

screenshot-forum.aquariumcoop.com-2020.08.10-13_16_23.png

On 8/14/2020 at 3:47 PM, Daniel said:

I couldn't make out the titles. It looked at first like the 3rd rank was "Active Puffer". I have just squinted a little more and now I see it might be "Active Poster".

I would much rather have such a prestigious aquatic title as puffer. Dan wins! @Cory go ahead and make cute titles. 😉. Ya know....because you have extreme amount of free time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

As a beginner, I’m going to contribute as much as I can with my limited experience. I appreciate reading all the questions and responses and I am learning. I hope to become a valuable contributor one day! I’m so appreciate of this forum and the values of C.A.R.E. 

• Like 6

On 9/13/2020 at 5:53 PM, AudreyB said:

As a beginner, I’m going to contribute as much as I can with my limited experience. I appreciate reading all the questions and responses and I am learning. I hope to become a valuable contributor one day! I’m so appreciate of this forum and the values of C.A.R.E. 

I have to slow clap at this one as I just got reemed in Facebook betta group for asking a girl for parameters and explaining why “good” wasn’t a parameter. I think I’ll be leaving many Facebook groups and stick to here and reddit. ><  r/whywomenlivelonger 

Edited by Tre
Spelling....I’m a math teacher and chemist....
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 8:48 PM, Paul said:

I was wondering how I suddenly was The Quiet Type it’s not how people usually describe me😉

lol I noticed the label on @JimmyGimbal and I was thinking, "Cute, I guess Jimmy is a quiet type. How do I change my little subtitle?" lol the more you know 

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Daniel said:

That is a compliment! I always appreciate your posts.🙂

thanks 😁 I appreciate your posts too 🙂 also I learned the forum has an emoji system similar to a chat platform I spend too much time on so I am using emojis a lot more now

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize if this is not the place to ask about this, but it seems adjacent, so I'm going for it.

I might have missed this, but what are the "Trader Feedback" sections all about?

What are the new "ranks" in the lower left corner of people's account images, and how are "points" handed out for that?

Also, what are the new badges on some accounts in the upper right of people's profile images? 

I'm asking to try to understand this all better.  I've not been on here long, but I'm really quite impressed with the consistent updates that happen.  It is clear the folks behind the scenes care a lot about this forum. 

Edited by OnlyGenusCaps
Edit: pun not initially intended. But I am leaving it.
  • Like 3

On 6/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

I apologize if this is not the place to ask about this, but it seems adjacent, so I'm going for it.

I might have missed this, but what are the "Trader Feedback" sections all about?

What are the new "ranks" in the lower left corner of people's account images, and how are "points" handed out for that?

Also, what are the new badges on some accounts in the upper right of people's profile images? 

I'm asking to try to understand this all better.  I've not been on here long, but I'm really quite impressed with the consistent updates that happen.  It is clear the folks behind the scenes care a lot about this forum. 

Here is the thread that we discussed the newest badges and ranks.

And heres the thread that we discussed the trader feedback

• Thanks 2