Scarlet Temple Melting

• Administrators

Oh no 😞 it is could still be adapting to underwater conditions. I can't tell if there's new growth or not.. 👀 Ideally nitrates would be present, I'd recommend starting to dose fertilizer or more fertilizer if you already do. I aim for 10-20ppm nitrates from dosing a nitrogen-containing fertilizer like Easy Green. You may want to try some root tabs as well if you haven't already. They're awesome for heavy root feeding plants in gravel. For stem plants, I usually try to keep them under medium to higher light and they really thrive. 

On 1/4/2021 at 8:27 PM, Lizzie Block said:

Oh no 😞 it is could still be adapting to underwater conditions. I can't tell if there's new growth or not.. 👀 Ideally nitrates would be present, I'd recommend starting to dose fertilizer or more fertilizer if you already do. I aim for 10-20ppm nitrates from dosing a nitrogen-containing fertilizer like Easy Green. You may want to try some root tabs as well if you haven't already. They're awesome for heavy root feeding plants in gravel. For stem plants, I usually try to keep them under medium to higher light and they really thrive. 

I've been dosing with API leaf zone and I use osmocote root tabs. The API stuff is mainly iron and potassium. I do have three groumis in there too to help with the nitrate. I'm also planning on a small school of corycats once my LFS can get them again.