Multiple filtration maintenance schedule

ShubunkinGuy

Hello I have 2-125s, 2 -75s, a 55 gallon aquariums. All with shubunkin goldfish.  All the tanks are overstocked.  The water temp is 70 degrees in all tanks. I have no heaters in them. 

I have multiple filtration on each tank. Combination of hob, canister and sponge filters. I need to get on a filter cleaning schedule. I try to do a filter cleaning on each tank once a month. That's one filter on each tank once a month. I have 15 filters that plug into outlets and 11 sponge filters total. I also have pre filters on my hob and canisters. I usually rinse the pre filters along with the sponge filters. It's a little overwhelming. I change 50 percent water at least once a week. I run seachem matrix, coarse sponges and fine pads in all filters. I also have all bare bottom tanks. Let me know what I can do for the maintenance schedule. Thank you. Rob S 

I ran a goldfish dominated fish room (20 tanks roughly) on all sponge filters, and forced myself to clean all the filters every week. Otherwise the fish would eventually have issues. I could be done in an hour, took longer to do the big changes on the big tanks.

Goldfish are messy, sponges are easy to clean. It’s also super obvious when they aren’t, unlike hidden filters like canisters and HOBs to a lesser degree.

Edited by AdamTill