Fish compatability

Codypk

I want a variety of fish and I’m kinda new. Please help lol. I have a corydora a rainbow shark 2 gourami a dojo and a black ghost knife fish. I want to know what I might be able to add to spice up the tank and give it a little more color without compromising my fish that I love. Any advice would help 

3 hours ago, Codypk said:

I want a variety of fish and I’m kinda new. Please help lol. I have a corydora a rainbow shark 2 gourami a dojo and a black ghost knife fish. I want to know what I might be able to add to spice up the tank and give it a little more color without compromising my fish that I love. Any advice would help 

It all depends on the size of your tank.

Rainbow sharks and gouramis are very aggressive.

Corydoras are schooling fish meaning they need freinds get at least 4 corydoras.

Welcome to the forum.

• As indicated above, corys are shoaling fish, and do better in groups of the same species (not mixed varieties of corys), so I'd encourage you to get more.  I often see 6 listed as the minimum, but more is always better if space permits (again, all the same species).
  • Since you said you're new, I'm going to assume that your gouramis are the dwarf species, since those are the most common variety sold in pet stores.  If that's the case, they're almost certainly both males since females are rarely available in the US.  There are quite a few species of gourami, and many are social and do fine with more of their species in the tank (I have 8 pearl gouramis in a 40 gallon tank), but not dwarves.  I know you see multiples in the tanks in the stores, but those are young fish.  As they mature they will almost invariably fight until only one is left alive.
  • Now that I have all that out of the way, what size is your tank?  It will be difficult to give suggestions without knowing how much room is available.

• 2 weeks later...