Swimming Issue with CPD

Marc

One of my CPDs is continually swimming diagonally up to stay in position in the water column. I have added a video to show the behavior. I am thinking this may be a swim bladder issue. I was out of town for about 10 days with an auto feeder dropping xtreme krill flakes and tetra tropical granules. All water parameters are normal except slightly higher than normal nitrates, so the autofeeder was probably over feeding a bit. There are another 15 juvenile CPDs, some corydoras, and shrimp that are doing fine, so it's something with just this one, at least for now.  He does it constantly. Any Ideas?

Looking at  video l think it swin bladder I would qt  and not feed for a couple days add aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2gallons for 5day if salt does not work try maracyn swim bladder can be caused by a bacterial infection

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/3/2021 at 9:29 PM, Marc said:

One of my CPDs is continually swimming diagonally up to stay in position in the water column. I have added a video to show the behavior. I am thinking this may be a swim bladder issue. I was out of town for about 10 days with an auto feeder dropping xtreme krill flakes and tetra tropical granules. All water parameters are normal except slightly higher than normal nitrates, so the autofeeder was probably over feeding a bit. There are another 15 juvenile CPDs, some corydoras, and shrimp that are doing fine, so it's something with just this one, at least for now.  He does it constantly. Any Ideas?

Hey @Marc! How did things turn out for you CPD? I got the exact same thing going on with one of mine. Same pogo sticking around

Unfortunately he eventually died but it was not immediate, lasted for quite a while.  I tired a couple of medicines and a new tank with fresh water but this did not change, maybe it had a damaged or ill formed swim bladder or I just didn't find the solution.  

• Sad 1

On 2/13/2023 at 8:01 PM, Marc said:

Unfortunately he eventually died but it was not immediate, lasted for quite a while.  I tired a couple of medicines and a new tank with fresh water but this did not change, maybe it had a damaged or ill formed swim bladder or I just didn't find the solution.  

Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear he passed. Did any other CPDs end up affected?

Edited by Doke