Anyone else a kid here?

I don't think my dressy cowboy boots are under 18. My birth certificate says I'm 60, my body say's I'm a hundred and eleventeen, but like @lefty osays some days my mind is still a teenager. I just got back into aquariums also, there's a lot to learn and I don't think age matters at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Patrick M. Bodega Aquatics said:

Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone else is a teen on this forum as well. If so, what do you have going on in your tanks currently? I hope that I am not the only person who is under 18 and learning a lot!

Happy fishkeeping!

Yep I’m a teen I currently have a 30 with a couple chiclids and 2 55s one with a couple discus and rope fish as well as some tetras and the other with angelfish also I’m wondering how other teens fund this hobby, I personally run a business kinda and am thinking about possibly breeding and selling some fish 

9 hours ago, Angelfishlover said:

Yep I’m a teen I currently have a 30 with a couple chiclids and 2 55s one with a couple discus and rope fish as well as some tetras and the other with angelfish also I’m wondering how other teens fund this hobby, I personally run a business kinda and am thinking about possibly breeding and selling some fish 

what kind of business

I am a teenage aquarist, I have 40 gallon aquarium with all my lovely angelfish, a 10 gallon QT, 5 gallon beta tank, 5 gallon shrimp colony, 20 gallon long sw reef tank. and hopefully soon a pea puffer.

As far as how I got into the aquarium hobby, I had owned a betta when I was 7 the beta was named "Swimmy" me and him were best of freinds, I even cut outs pictures of fish from google and taped it to his bowl so that he would be less "lonely". He died 2ish maybe 3ish years later and that was that. fast forward several years later I went to the petstore saw all the pretty bettas they had and rememberd how fun it was keeping a beta when I was 8, and asked for a beta for my birthday. Instead of a beta I got a 10 gallon aquarium, I originally stocked it with a angelfish, swordtail, corydora, and glowfish. But then a few months later the stocking looked like: Pearl Gourami, Threadfin Rainbow, Angelfish, Electrcic Blue Ram, Swordtail. Then I cam across fishtube and MTS came on. Soon after the threadfin rainbows fin had been nipped off, the swordtail would hide behind the filter because my gourami would bully her nonstop. 

Edited by James Black
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, James Black said:

I am a teenage aquarist, I have 40 gallon aquarium with all my lovely angelfish, a 10 gallon QT, 5 gallon beta tank, 5 gallon shrimp colony, 20 gallon long sw reef tank. and hopefully soon a pea puffer.

do you have fish in your saltwater tank ?

also you are not the only person under 18 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/3/2021 at 5:29 PM, Patrick M. Bodega Aquatics said:

Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone else is a teen on this forum as well. If so, what do you have going on in your tanks currently? I hope that I am not the only person who is under 18 and learning a lot!

Happy fishkeeping!

Sorry I just discovered this post, but I figured I'd just respond anyway. I'm a teen as well. I currently have a 29 gallon community and a 10 gallon guppy breeding setup.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Young people today have access to so much information, and so many resources! I would get a little bit of advice from local staff, and the occasional magazine, but otherwise I was just winging it. It was only because of well water that I got away with aggressive water-changes on my under-gravel tanks as a kid. The big hack in those days was breaking the glue on UG carbon units so you could just replace the contents. I don’t know if I even saw live plants.

• Like 1