PEX PILLER: Quick and Easy DIY Root Tab Injector /  Substrate Inserter / Pill Bottom Release for under $10!

On 8/23/2021 at 10:07 AM, HH Morant said:

I use a pill gun (Amazon) which is manufactured to give pills to animals. It is the right size, it is cheap, and it works.

Oooh, there you go! I would think that's something the co-op could offer, at least for shallow-enough tanks!

On 8/23/2021 at 12:10 PM, Bill Smith said:

Oooh, there you go! I would think that's something the co-op could offer, at least for shallow-enough tanks!

I have to reach down into the tank. The pill gun is not long. But it can get the root tab 3-4 inches under the substrate surface if you insert it up to the hilt.

This style I think is a little longer and has a softer tip so it holds the root tab better.  Well, I should really say it holds the pill better and the softer tip won’t hurt the back of the pet’s mouth.  I’ve used this a brand, and the other style, and much prefer this brand.  I haven’t used one for root tabs, yet.  😆  Either should work just fine.

5FBCC200-CFE0-4521-AA5C-3305E6852769.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/13/2021 at 8:41 PM, Marden said:

This is amazing. And it's extra amazing that you linked all the items so I can order it for pickup rather than hunting around for the items in store! My neglected crypts thank you.

Thanks for the kind words. Hope it worked out well for you!

• Like 1

Came out perfect! Don’t even have to get my hands wet in my 75 gallon. This will save me money too on liquid fertilizer because I’ve been using more than I should to make up for not wanting to use the root tabs. 

E14C5F46-889C-4AF4-B8D7-34231C9CCF38.jpeg

Edited by Marden
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...