Creating a new Guppy Strain...

SpicyFin

10 hours ago, Paul_Obermiller said:

Whenever you start selling them let me know, I'll take them any day over my blue dragons. I've been struggling with them really hard and if 1 of 2 fry aren't a male I am going to give up on the strain  because I've just spend too much money on them 😞

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles with the blue dragons I do love that strain but I'm partial to all blues strains :).   I found since getting back into guppies heavily that some just do not thrive here but if I'm lucky enough to get fry from the trio the fry do much better. I have learned to ask more questions about water chemistry. Fish and shrimp I have purchased that come from chemistry closer to my own seem to do better. 

I don't think selling is allowed on this forum and I'm grateful for that honestly. So I would have no way to let you know once I start letting some of the Blue Marbles go. But thank you for your interest that means a lot more than you know. I value this forum for what it is and can't Thank Cory enough for that he's done for the aquatic community. He is the reason I took my guppy breeding to the next level and got into live plants for the first time  just 2 years ago after 22 years off and on with fish tanks.

Best of luck in your guppy adventures. Stay Spicy!

• Like 1

@SpicyFin Thanks for the advice. Not to get my hopes up but I've seen one of the fry chasing the other one (the one doing the chasing has a lot more color too). So hopefully I have a male, I've been trying for almost a year now to get this strain going, I even drove for 2 1/2 hours to get some females because mine passed away. When I get my phone back (I am still under 18 so I can still get grounded) I'll show you guys some pictures of some endlers that I've been working on. I am calling them the Rainbow Flame endlers ( their not like LRB's rainbow endlers) or Violet Flame endlers.  I got them from the guy I got the female guppies. Some males have the color but not the right tail I want. The dad has a tear drop tail with ridges in it a d purple hue around his chest and face the rest is orange. He also has black dots/ pattern that I really like. But none of his sons have the tail :(. Since you have some experience in strain breeding I was wondering if I should let the son with the closest color and tail breed over or would that be a bad idea? The son has the right purple and orange, and a slight point to his tail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul_Obermiller said:

@SpicyFin Thanks for the advice. Not to get my hopes up but I've seen one of the fry chasing the other one (the one doing the chasing has a lot more color too). So hopefully I have a male, I've been trying for almost a year now to get this strain going, I even drove for 2 1/2 hours to get some females because mine passed away. When I get my phone back (I am still under 18 so I can still get grounded) I'll show you guys some pictures of some endlers that I've been working on. I am calling them the Rainbow Flame endlers ( their not like LRB's rainbow endlers) or Violet Flame endlers.  I got them from the guy I got the female guppies. Some males have the color but not the right tail I want. The dad has a tear drop tail with ridges in it a d purple hue around his chest and face the rest is orange. He also has black dots/ pattern that I really like. But none of his sons have the tail :(. Since you have some experience in strain breeding I was wondering if I should let the son with the closest color and tail breed over or would that be a bad idea? The son has the right purple and orange, and a slight point to his tail.

Well pictures would really help me help you with an idea of what your trying to accomplish feel free to reach out once you have some pictures and ill try to help the best I can.