USB run Ziss?

Loretta

Hello, I just bought the ziss filter and didn't quite catch the fact that it runs off air. Can a USB air pump run one of these?

It is a gift for my nephew, we just set up a 55gal take for a turtle (her name is Cranberry :), in his bedroom, and I'm hoping to keep the noise level down. 

Thank you for your reply, 

Loretta 

i dont have a usb pump, so cant guarantee it, but it will likely run the ziss biofilter. it seems to me like it took more air and was slightly noisier for the first few days, after that media moved around with a lower air volume, and it quieted down a good bunch.

It has enough power to move the media once they are cycled. In the beginning, the media will float to the top and most will sit there, but after a few weeks, the buoyancy changes and can tumbled around with little effort!

I will post a video tomorrow.

• Like 1

After a month, I found my usb air pump from the Coop was more than sufficient.  It seemed to need a little extra push at the beginning. The next time I buy another ziss filter, I'll most likely just get another usb pump from teh coop and use it from the get go. I am fairly certain it will work itself out in time.