Easy Carbon

Leo2o915

I've never tried it but that said follow the instructions on the bottle but start on the lighter side. Some plants are not tolerant of it but even though most are start at the lighter dosing just in case. No reason to turn off the filter, the liquid dilutes and circulates through the system. the filter won't harm it and it won't harm the filter. If you see progress you can increase to a higher dosing but stay within the recommended doses.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pedrofisk said:

I've never tried it but that said follow the instructions on the bottle but start on the lighter side. Some plants are not tolerant of it but even though most are start at the lighter dosing just in case. No reason to turn off the filter, the liquid dilutes and circulates through the system. the filter won't harm it and it won't harm the filter. If you see progress you can increase to a higher dosing but stay within the recommended doses.

Thank you debating if that’s better then dosing flourish excel too 

32 minutes ago, Kat_Rigel said:

What is the active ingredient in easy carbon? I cant seem to find it on the co-op site; just curious if its similar or the same as fluorish excel.

Excel has 2.5% polycycloglutaracetal and Easy Carbon has 1.5% glutaraldehyde and 0.5% citric acid. And according to Seachem, "polycycloglutaracetal is an isomeric form of glutaraldehyde, however it is less reactive and more easily utilized by plants as a carbon source", but take this with a grain of salt. 

• Thanks 1