A demystifying Discus rant

Paul

35 minutes ago, HenryC said:

the advantage is that all my fish are fine in this water,

Gotcha! Well, maybe spend $25 for a young discus, and name it “canary.” If it thrives in your coal mine, then you’ll be stoked!! 

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Gotcha! Well, maybe spend $25 for a young discus, and name it “canary.” If it thrives in your coal mine, then you’ll be stoked!! 

I mean, I think I'll pass on discus, don't want to stress them out! Perhaps I'll try peacock cichldis instead, jsut as colorful and perfectly fine in liquid rock water!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HenryC said:

Thanks! You know, I've been wanting discus for such a long time, but I want to keep everything so simple. I don't want to put an extra step in my daily water changes and implement RO system! It gets hectic changing water weekly for 7+ tanks as it iis hehe, but the advantage is that all my fish are fine in this water, straight from the tap. Even the severums are growing up quite nicely.

Just an FYI all my tanks are filled with water that comes straight out of my tap. I just dose the tanks with some Prime. If you still want Discus check out Discus Hans those fish were raised in harder water. Good luck whichever way you choose to go. 

• Thanks 1