Why is my betta looking like this?

Hello everyone!

I've had this betta for almost a year and recently there has been a reddish tinge on his anal fin and stretches into his caudal fin. He was temporarily in a 1g as a 75g was being rescaped and was put in a new 4g biorb last week with 2 African dwarf frogs for the first time. He has had somewhat shredded fins since being in the 75g with a canister filter that was too strong. He  showed the red tinge when in the 1g and seemed to get better in the 4g. Not even two days after being introduced into the 4g he began to show some odd signs. He showed a lot of curiosity in his new tank but by the next day, I found him always staying in the back corner, unlike his amphibious counterparts. On the second day the symptoms increased and he began tilting with little energy. I was going on a trip that day and was so concerned that I took him out and placed him in an empty 1g. Once I did the swap he began to look better. When I arrived back from the trip earlier today, his fins were a bright flesh color and has a moderate amount of energy while still having a slight tilt / side swim. Why do you think this is? His 1g I put him in is so makeshift that it doesn't have anything but a rock the size of a fish flake container lid. Have any of your fish have the same symptoms?

Thanks!

IMG_4501.JPG

IMG_4499.JPG

Biorbs have kind of a surprising flow to them, the energy level I assume was because the Betta was becoming to tired, I also know the biorbs default media can be a little sharp and the betta could have tried to lay down and rub along it, I would keep an eye on it and see if it improves now that he is out of the Biorb, (just for clarification, I love biorbs, not bashing them) 

22 hours ago, GardenStateGoldfish said:

Biorbs have kind of a surprising flow to them, the energy level I assume was because the Betta was becoming to tired, I also know the biorbs default media can be a little sharp and the betta could have tried to lay down and rub along it, I would keep an eye on it and see if it improves now that he is out of the Biorb, (just for clarification, I love biorbs, not bashing them) 

Is your biorbs really loud too?