water temperature controller, thermostatic mixing valve or Intellifaucet?

OrangeBulk

On 12/29/2020 at 11:14 PM, s1_ said:

LF1170 models can be set to any temperature between 90 degrees F and 160 degrees F with flow rates as low as 0.5 gpm and as high as 23 gpm. LFL1170-M2 models can be set at a range between 60 degrees F and 120 degrees F. Available with threaded (-UT), solder (-US), PEX Quick-Connect (-QC) or CPVC connections. Maximum Pressure: 150psi (10 bar). Lead Free* cast copper silicon alloy body construction.

this is info directly from the manufacturer.

search google for LFL1170-M2 0559110

another valve option is the honeywell sparco am-1 its range is 70-180

search google for AM100-US-1LF

im trying to help as much as I can without violating forum rules. there are lots of different sku combinations based on size of pipe and type of pipe, the valve part stays the same. 

I took a break from looking for thermostatic mixing valve's. I can't find the LFL1170-M2 models that goes down to 60f in the uk, I found it on a us store and on us ebay but not uk. Im not really sure if a thermostatic mixing valve would work the way I want it to because how would I even conect it to my water change pipe any way, I kind of have an idea of how I could do it but it would be kind of  Janky. I think for now I might just get a 300-400 litre water  container and fill then get it to the right  temperature and then do my water change. 

Edited by OrangeBulk

• 1 year later...
On 12/29/2020 at 1:29 PM, Cory said:

Dean went with the intellifaucet, and that is what I bought after seeing his for my new fish room. 

I just got one for my fish room, I was planning on just plumbing it in where my thermostatic valve is now before the sprinkler valves. did you guys need anyspecial components like an anti-siphon vacuum breaker? or did you guys judt put in in the closed loop?