How you know it's a GOOOOD day

Alesha

Last week, my helpful hubby who was giving me a break & feeding the fish one morning, dropped a whole container (the big one!) of Xtreme krill flake.

There was much weeping & wailing! We attempted a recovery with broom & dustpan. But we have 2 dogs. Sigh. I could not give my fish food covered in dog hair. Blech!

We got online to check our big box local fish stores. None of them carried Xtreme. So, Doug took off to the nearest locally-owned pet store. They didn't carry it either. He picked up a Fluval bug bites flake food & a Hikari product with krill. Turned out it was whole krill! 😆 Way too big for my fish.

I went to the Aquarium Co-op site & ordered Krill flake & Spirulina flakes on Christmas Eve. It arrived today!!!

Excellent shipping speed, as always! Thanks, guys!

Now my fish can come out of their funk & be happy campers again. I swear they've been pouting about the other food I've been offering! 😆

549ceac9-fe23-4c17-a9ce-c8e30489deee.jpg

• Like 6

I got a good sized sample of dried brine shrimp with an order of something a while back, and yesterday I decided to put away the BBS hatcheries until that sample is gone. I also have a few cubes of frozen to use up before 6 months from purchase goes by. It's a good day to have a break from the smell of brine shrimp hatching! I also have several other foods I don't use much as I'm constantly hatching BBS. So my goal over the next six months or so is an extra non-BBS day a week to get down to a more manageable number of different foods.

• Like 2

Just now, Hobbit

Today will be a good day for my fish babies! I’ve been starving them of bbs and only feeding them pre-soaked hikari micro pellets for THREE DAYS poor things. 😉 Now that everyone’s finally gotten hungry enough to swallow the pellets I’m going back to the good stuff for a while. It will be Christmas all over again!

Aren't they just the most amazing martyrs/beggars you've ever seen?! They can make me feel SO guilty. 😆

• Haha 1

Just now, Maggie

I got a good sized sample of dried brine shrimp with an order of something a while back, and yesterday I decided to put away the BBS hatcheries until that sample is gone. I also have a few cubes of frozen to use up before 6 months from purchase goes by. It's a good day to have a break from the smell of brine shrimp hatching! I also have several other foods I don't use much as I'm constantly hatching BBS. So my goal over the next six months or so is an extra non-BBS day a week to get down to a more manageable number of different foods.

Oh, @Maggie very good plan! We've all got those little bits of food odds-&-ends. Good way to use them up before they expire. 👍

18 hours ago, Alesha said:

I went to the Aquarium Co-op site & ordered Krill flake & Spirulina flakes on Christmas Eve. It arrived today!!!

Xtreme krill flakes are excellent! Ordered 2x of those larger containers back just before Christmas. The flakes can crush up sooooo small for tiny fry, etc. All fish love them, and they don’t foul the water.

Plus you got a blue gularis sticker!! How awesome is that??!! You’ll need to start up a new 20-long and raise up a colony. They’re a gorgeous killifish. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Xtreme krill flakes are excellent! Ordered 2x of those larger containers back just before Christmas. The flakes can crush up sooooo small for tiny fry, etc. All fish love them, and they don’t foul the water.

Plus you got a blue gularis sticker!! How awesome is that??!! You’ll need to start up a new 20-long and raise up a colony. They’re a gorgeous killifish. 

I've not seen them in person... I'll have to do a Google search in images. But go easy on me... I'm trying to keep my MTS under control!!! 😆😆😆

• Haha 1