longfin white cloud minnows

Lemon

12 hours ago, quirkylemon103 said:

i have some questions about them 

. can they live and breed with cherry shrimp in a 10 gallon Yes 

. will they eat the fry and baby shrimp Yes

. are they okay with liquid rock water? Yes

thanks for the help 🙂

I don't have long fins but have the regular ones. I would guess behavior is the same. My cherry shrimp didn't really take off in my 40 until the white clouds moved into their own 10. I'm sure the white clouds were eating the babies (to the point of rooting through the Java Moss). Right after I moved the white clouds they had fry and I managed to get two into a fry holder before they all disappeared... we'll see how that works out. They are tiny and I've not raised fry before. My water is 8.2pH and my API Master Kit doesn't measure hardness, I haven't felt the need to buy a test kit for hardness because all the local guys say our water is super hard and even if I knew exactly how hard I'm not going down the rabbit hole of trying to modify it.

11 hours ago, luka said:

Provide cover for the shrimp and the fry and you will see babies.Get a large clump of java moss for the minnows to spawn in and provide rocks and crannies for the shrimp babies to hide in.  Not sure about the liquid rock water tho. 

i can dilute the water with a rodi filter  but i would rather not

8 hours ago, Ken said:

I don't have long fins but have the regular ones. I would guess behavior is the same. My cherry shrimp didn't really take off in my 40 until the white clouds moved into their own 10. I'm sure the white clouds were eating the babies (to the point of rooting through the Java Moss). Right after I moved the white clouds they had fry and I managed to get two into a fry holder before they all disappeared... we'll see how that works out. They are tiny and I've not raised fry before. My water is 8.2pH and my API Master Kit doesn't measure hardness, I haven't felt the need to buy a test kit for hardness because all the local guys say our water is super hard and even if I knew exactly how hard I'm not going down the rabbit hole of trying to modify it.

so the white clouds would root through moss to eat baby shrimp?

3 hours ago, quirkylemon103 said:

so the white clouds would root through moss to eat baby shrimp?

Just circumstantial evidence. I would see the white clouds rooting around in the moss in what appeared to me to be hunting mode. I had very few shrimplets. After I moved the white clouds out within a month or so I had little shrimp everywhere. Google white cloud minnows with shrimp and see what they say elsewhere.