Root tabs in anticipation of plant order?

I’m awaiting an order from the co-op that contains a few types of crypts. Wendtii,  wendtii green, and lucens. I have sand substrate and some of it is fresh and therefore probably contains little to no nutrients for plants. I’ve had success with root feeders in the sand but I’m wondering,  is it wise to “seed” the substrate ahead of time by adding co-op root tabs now instead of when the plants arrive?   In theory, it would have released some nutrients into the areas I’m planting before the plants arrive. I know the root tabs don’t work instantly and are somewhat of a slow release and new plants will require some food ASAP. Is it worth it to bury them a few days in advance?  My Cory cats smell them and will stand up vertically above them trying to dig them out lmfao. Fun to watch. 
also to those with experience with crypts, do you subscribe to the method of cutting the leaves before planting in your aquarium?  It seems to avoid the crypt melt and produces faster new growth. Thanks ahead of time for the input! 

2 hours ago, PhillipHols said:
2 hours ago, PhillipHols said:

I’ve had success with root feeders in the sand but I’m wondering,  is it wise to “seed” the substrate ahead of time by adding co-op root tabs now instead of when the plants arrive?  

Personally, knowing corys, I would not pre-seed sand. I would not want to risk the ferts fast leaching into my water column. This goes doubly with corys will dig down until half their body is under the sand to check out a smell.