Stop my cory from glass surfing

Karen B.

Greetings!
I have 8 new false julii corydoras since Saturday and they won’t stop glass surfing always at the same side of the aquarium. 
cycled tank, planted, heated, hob and sponge filter. 20 gallons high.
ph 7.6, temp 76, gh 7, kh 3, 0/0/15
Is it mean of me if I put a plant (probable some bacopa compact) there to stop them doing so or should I let them glass surf?
My tank was planted a week ago so a lots of plants are not fully grown yet.

374D102D-106D-4E6D-9684-45D2FDB77E93.jpeg

1 minute ago, lefty o said:

some cory's just seem to enjoy it. i used to have some panda cory's that just went wild in a bubble wall.

It is on the side of the sponge filter too. Maybe they are playing with the reflection of the bubbles on the glass. But if I find it bothersome, would it be mean to add plants?

I don't think you can stop them, so just let them do what they do. My panda corys always surf on the northern glass of my tank. I've wondered whether it's a migratory urge they have to go north and they're just looking for a way to get there. If I move them from the tank to a holding container they still act the same way, always trying to head north. I've never heard of mass migration of cory catfish, but mine act like they want to, but the glass gets in their way.

Chiming in to say that when I had aquariums (15-20 yrs ago), I always had corys and they always did this.  I've had different kinds and all of them "glass surfed" some of the time.  As others have said, I think it's a natural behavior.  Maybe give it some time and see if you get used to it?