1 hour ago, Dean’s Fishroom said:

I'd just like it to grow, seems to always melt for me. ☹️

Damn if you can’t get it to grow and you a expert I’m done for 😞 hey dean what’s ur best way to fight algae? Snails fish or what ?

10 hours ago, Leo2o915 said:

Damn if you can’t get it to grow and you a expert I’m done for 😞 hey dean what’s ur best way to fight algae? Snails fish or what ?

Best way to fight algae is lower the light, don't overfeed, and do frequent water changes. Never snails, there are no snails in my fishroom, I feel like they create way more waste than they ever clean up and also that they can assist in the spread of some of the diseases fish can get. Young bristlenose plecos will also do very good at helping to fight algae, but once they are in the 2" size its time to trade them to a shop. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dean’s Fishroom said:

Best way to fight algae is lower the light, don't overfeed, and do frequent water changes. Never snails, there are no snails in my fishroom, I feel like they create way more waste than they ever clean up and also that they can assist in the spread of some of the diseases fish can get. Young bristlenose plecos will also do very good at helping to fight algae, but once they are in the 2" size its time to trade them to a shop. 

I’m hoping my two bristlenose breed and can add the babies in there til they big then add them to my 125 with the parents 

5 hours ago, Leo2o915 said:

I’m hoping my two bristlenose breed and can add the babies in there til they big then add them to my 125 with the parents 

Interesting on the pleco size, so does the 2" size create more waste than is beneficial to fight algae, or do they just stop eating algae at the same rate?  

On 8/6/2020 at 12:01 PM, Dean’s Fishroom said:

This makes me feel soooo much better! I've killed 3 separate orders from different sources 😞 4th times a charm! 

20 hours ago, Dana said:

Interesting on the pleco size, so does the 2" size create more waste than is beneficial to fight algae, or do they just stop eating algae at the same rate?  

Well that's my opinion, the waste starts getting larger and in greater quantity. . . But I think they would still eat the algae at the same rate or better.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 1:30 PM, Dean’s Fishroom said:

Well that's my opinion, the waste starts getting larger and in greater quantity. . . But I think they would still eat the algae at the same rate or better.

Thanks Dean!

• Like 1