Dwarf Aquarium Lily

Hello, is the Dwarf Aquarium Lily capable of producing a lily (or lily like) flower? The previous questions assumes that whatever conditions necessary to achieve flowering have been maintained in a 29 gallon tank. Second question, if it is capable of answering yes to Q1, would someone please expound upon what it takes to achieve the yes answer? 

Almost all aquarium plants flower (even hornwort). Dwarf aquarium lilies produce typical lily flowers and flower readily in my outdoor ponds. I have never seen them produce flowers inside.

image.png.26ae85658b1e66cad7e1ff152288df3d.png

I suspect the reason they flower outside is that they are in rooted in rich soil and get strong direct sunlight. I don't know whether aquatic lilies are long day or short day plants but this likely plays a role in the flowering cycle also.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 10:19 PM, LEADCAPTURED_cda said:

Hello, is the Dwarf Aquarium Lily capable of producing a lily (or lily like) flower? The previous questions assumes that whatever conditions necessary to achieve flowering have been maintained in a 29 gallon tank. Second question, if it is capable of answering yes to Q1, would someone please expound upon what it takes to achieve the yes answer? 

I grew some in my pool over the summer that flowered, not sure why it flowered,though lots of ferts, lots of room to grow, and direct sun for most of the day:

My plant was huge, some of the lily pads were over foot in diameter and the flowers were 8-10 inches in diameter.  I don’t know if growing to that size is a requirement for it to flower but if it is, a 29 gallon might be too small.

• Like 2