• 2 weeks later...

Missed the 4th and 5th time, had some learning to do for the math Exam but now they are spawning for the 6th time and i think this is the one!!! They will hatch at the 24th i will be at home the hole 2 weeks because of the winterbreak so i will have the perfect conditions to hatch and raise them. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We lost them again!!! I tried to bring the ph down to see if i would have some more succes with them hatching but i think that killed them!!! So i have a ph of 8.3 so i tryed to do a 50% waterchange with aro and all the eggs fungust the day after. I think i went down to 6.7 ph that seems to be the down  mark. Next time i will try to have a ph of 7.3-7.8 and see how that does!!!😥

• Sad 1

I was speaking yesterday with Jutta Bauer the breeder i got my fish from and aparently Tannins can kill the fry. That´s why they died in the soil aquarium and in the other tank they can not handle tannins!!!! NO LEAFS NO WOOD NO SOIL!!!! Lesson learned!!! The master of gobys saved me again from lots of trouble!!!😅

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Another lesson learded!! Don't worry the fish are not dead. The fry use light to nhow when they are ready to hatch. I had another spawn, he spawned as you will see in the video under a big rock. When pulled the rock to move it to the hatch aquarium (same parameters like their parents tank) they started hatching like crazy in the bawl i was moving them with. I gave them more time then normaly i gave the eggs 5,5 days before pooling also the were laid in a much more natural way, under a rock. When i exposed them to light to pool the rock ,they went from dark cave to bright aquarum light , they started hatching after 2 minutes almost 95% of them hatched in one minute.  Also a left the light on in the hatch aquarium for the first 36 hours. Through these changes i had a 99% survival rate!!!!! They where dying because they didn't have the time to learn to swim with the lights on!!! After that they started eating baby brine like the 6 fry i had from last weeks spawn!!If you have any quaestions feel free to ask!!!!!!!!!!!😁

Hatching captured!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey here u=is an update on my Babys!! They are growing and have started having their adult coloration. They are about 2-3cm in size. I need to move them to a bigger tank and start selling them!!!! Yesterday i killed some because i forgot to turn the filter on after a waterchange and some suffered and died. Only 6 from over 90+ babys, but it broke my heart anyway. Here is a little clip from last week. 

• Love 1