Shelving Units

umfalcon

Hey everyone,

I have a question about shelving. I am setting up two 75 gallon tanks. I was going to go with the cinder block and 2x4 method till I saw the Gladiator steel storage shelves. I am really tempted to get one of the gladiator units, but I wanted to know if anyone has experience with them, including any issues with weight support. Also how much space is in between each shelf as the tanks are 18.5 inches tall.

11 minutes ago, HenryKing said:

I don't have them but will be getting some soonish. They should support the tanks well and have good supports (better than the husky racks). You just need something like plywood to go over the wire supports or else they will sag. 

I know @Randy has a video about how he used then to set up his fishroom.

This is great. Thanks for this. The one question I have left, which you can't answer because you haven't gotten the rack yet, but perhaps others on the forum can answer, is how much space is in between each shelf. I would hate to buy this rack and then my 75g tanks not fit.

1 hour ago, umfalcon said:

This is great. Thanks for this. The one question I have left, which you can't answer because you haven't gotten the rack yet, but perhaps others on the forum can answer, is how much space is in between each shelf. I would hate to buy this rack and then my 75g tanks not fit.

You can make the space between shelves as much or little as you want. There are notches on the uprights that you put the shelves into that you can put at whatever height you want.

• Like 1