Separating Siamese Algea eaters

starsman20

I have a total of 4 of these fish.  3 in one tank and 1 in another.   I want to put one in a third tank and am wondering how it might affect the 3 if I move one of them instead of buying another fish.  The one in the tank by itself (species wise, not fish wise) seems to do fine so I think having them as singles is OK I just want to understand more about if there is a small group and you separate them are there any negatives that come up.

I have 7 SAE that reside together in a tank. I tried this myself, and found they do best solo, or in a group. Otherwise they just quarreled with each other all the time. One was fine, two fought with each other non stop. Three wasn't good either in my case, two teamed up against the smallest one and harassed it constantly. I got two more to bring my number to five and suddenly there was peace, they all schooled together  and stop trying to throw each other into the tank walls. I had two in another tank, and when I broke that tank down I added them into the tank with five to bring the number to seven - they now all school together peacefully as well. So my usual go to recommendation with SAE is one, or 5+.