What did you get done today?

Cory

Removed some of the diatom algae from my spec because I was worried it was going to impact the light to the Monte Carlo, it doesn't seem to have but at least now it's one less thing to worry about. Riding the rest of the diatom surge out so no pictures but I'm very happy with how the tank looks so far. 

I got to do physical therapy again today 🤪

I'm not sure why some physical therapists seem to relish the suffering aspect, and others are able to listen to what is happening, what happened to cause the injury, and what I need my body to be able to do.

Today, I got the PT that is focused on listening and healing instead of suffering. 

And I am still going to be wiped out for the next 3 to 5 days.

So, I trimmed the plants that were growing cyanobacteria again and just threw all contaminated with algae or cyano- away.

I fed all the fish, and they instantly begged my spouse for seconds.🙄

I'll probably pass out early.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 8:21 PM, Torrey said:

I got to do physical therapy again today 🤪

I'm not sure why some physical therapists seem to relish the suffering aspect, and others are able to listen to what is happening, what happened to cause the injury, and what I need my body to be able to do.

Today, I got the PT that is focused on listening and healing instead of suffering. 

And I am still going to be wiped out for the next 3 to 5 days.

So, I trimmed the plants that were growing cyanobacteria again and just threw all contaminated with algae or cyano- away.

I fed all the fish, and they instantly begged my spouse for seconds.🙄

I'll probably pass out early.

Can’t you schedule with a specific physical therapist? 

On 2/16/2022 at 12:03 PM, Odd Duck said:

Dang!  Must be the best physical therapist to be in that high demand.

No, it's the fact that we have lost close to 40% of our providers during the pandemic, we have more cattle than people, and a large proportion of our population is over 50, multiply marginalized, and the health problems of the chronically stressed added to intergenerational trauma.

• Sad 1

I should have taken pictures but i didn't - but the plants i ordered arrived. I actually had two different orders. One was a spiralis tiger crypt and these are fantastic condition - very large with a few runners - I think the red spiralis i have is a bit more stunning but i reserve judgement until i plant these new ones. They are not as deep in colour as the red spiralis (which is a fantastic plant). The order was the store order with the curling loopy vals (only one of the three is obviously all twisted up the other two are not but unfortunately they were not labelled so i'm not sure which is which 😉

I also picked up a couple of interesting sword plants (to justify shipping). Echinodorus Hadi Red Pearl (unfortunately it is in emersed form so it will be a while before it is worth looking at) and Echinodorus Miracle. The miracle is a man made hybrid (I think) and also these arrived in emersed form. They will sit in my magical pail (see picture above) for about 2 weeks then I'll rip out the PSO from the 40 and put them in there. 

-

Before i put all these new plants in the pail i had to exchange it with a clean pail. Right now i have 3 assassin snails in the pail (to eat all those new pest snails) and 3 mystery snails. I gotta tell you those three mystery snails make a mess. I should only have 1 in there but 1 i felt sorry for (he was probably going to be next snail my clown loaches ate so i gave him a reprieve; and the other two i was removing from a 29 that had - you guessed it - 2 too many mystery snails. Because of the strong light i use on the pail it gets a bit of algae that these snails eat but oh the mess they make mess mess mess. You cannot imagine how much poop mystery snails make in 2 weeks on a bare bottom pail but i assure you it is no small amount. 

-

While changing pails i noticed my spiralis val (which i really don't want) sent out even more runners so instead of 8 (remember i only purchased two); I now have like 14. I really need to get rid of it before it over runs my pail.

-

Oh i also purchased one other plant I'm happy with Cryptocoryne Undulatus 'Red'; this one looks really promising.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 1:12 PM, anewbie said:

I should have taken pictures but i didn't - but the plants i ordered arrived. I actually had two different orders. One was a spiralis tiger crypt and these are fantastic condition - very large with a few runners - I think the red spiralis i have is a bit more stunning but i reserve judgement until i plant these new ones. They are not as deep in colour as the red spiralis (which is a fantastic plant). The order was the store order with the curling loopy vals (only one of the three is obviously all twisted up the other two are not but unfortunately they were not labelled so i'm not sure which is which 😉

I also picked up a couple of interesting sword plants (to justify shipping). Echinodorus Hadi Red Pearl (unfortunately it is in emersed form so it will be a while before it is worth looking at) and Echinodorus Miracle. The miracle is a man made hybrid (I think) and also these arrived in emersed form. They will sit in my magical pail (see picture above) for about 2 weeks then I'll rip out the PSO from the 40 and put them in there. 

-

Before i put all these new plants in the pail i had to exchange it with a clean pail. Right now i have 3 assassin snails in the pail (to eat all those new pest snails) and 3 mystery snails. I gotta tell you those three mystery snails make a mess. I should only have 1 in there but 1 i felt sorry for (he was probably going to be next snail my clown loaches ate so i gave him a reprieve; and the other two i was removing from a 29 that had - you guessed it - 2 too many mystery snails. Because of the strong light i use on the pail it gets a bit of algae that these snails eat but oh the mess they make mess mess mess. You cannot imagine how much poop mystery snails make in 2 weeks on a bare bottom pail but i assure you it is no small amount. 

-

While changing pails i noticed my spiralis val (which i really don't want) sent out even more runners so instead of 8 (remember i only purchased two); I now have like 14. I really need to get rid of it before it over runs my pail.

-

Oh i also purchased one other plant I'm happy with Cryptocoryne Undulatus 'Red'; this one looks really promising.

I am willing to take one for the team, and take your spiralis val off your hands. 

It's a tough call, and fellow nerms don't leave other nerms to drown in plants🤔

😁I really get a kick out of your val saga, please laugh with my sense of humor, I am only [half] joking about getting your val if you really don't want it. 

On 2/17/2022 at 11:04 PM, Torrey said:

I am willing to take one for the team, and take your spiralis val off your hands. 

It's a tough call, and fellow nerms don't leave other nerms to drown in plants🤔

😁I really get a kick out of your val saga, please laugh with my sense of humor, I am only [half] joking about getting your val if you really don't want it. 

Well I think it would be kind of frozen as frozen can be frozen if you are near wolf pass.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2022 at 1:18 PM, Torrey said:

I would need to spring for a heat pack and an insulated bag, I imagine. 😅

Bud teh plants were like $2.98. It would be cheaper for you to buy them locally or mail order them for me to ship them. IF they were expensive plants I would consider it but the effort and reasonable chance they would freeze just isn't worth it.

On 2/18/2022 at 12:20 PM, anewbie said:

Bud teh plants were like $2.98. It would be cheaper for you to buy them locally or mail order them for me to ship them. IF they were expensive plants I would consider it but the effort and reasonable chance they would freeze just isn't worth it.

Agreed, and my sense of humor is frequently only amusing to me. 

Finally found the right set up to deliver even air flow from the new pump to two sponges, cleaned the sponges, and replaced an old heater with a new one. Though I did drop one of the sponges while trying to take it off the base and now they have some (a lot of) work to do to clean the water back up.

Not just today but a few days ago I took some of the diatom buildup off my plants so it didn't block too much light from them and today I topped off the tank. I think the tank is finally through most of this surge and I cant' wait for it to be on the other side so I can show it off again.