Post your dream fish, that one that you're not ready to keep yet!

HenryC

On 1/21/2021 at 8:36 PM, Garren B said:

Second would be Apistogramma. For sure the one I the picture.

That appears to be an Apistogramma Trifasciata. Also called the "three striped dwarf cichlid." The great difficulty is that what you order or buy online is almost always _not_ going to look like this photograph. These Apistos have a wide range of color variation. Only the males will really color up. It is a situation where, either you buy from a very reputable breeder who will send you very accurate photographs, or you buy out of a store that you can visit in person. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 11.53.48 PM.png

Edited by Fish Folk

I think my #1 is the Redtail Catfish, they're just beautiful fish. I'll never be in a position to own any monster fish and even if I could I'd still probably not.

I guess fish I'm not ready to own yet but plan to are annual killifish, none in particular in mind atm. I just want more experience in the hobby and with raising fry, also gotta get over the feeling of wanting to 100% quit the whole hobby whenever a fish dies.

Also shoutout to shrimps, crayfish and crabs! I just dont want another tank atm, some of the ones im interested in are too expensive and/or I'm just not confident enough to provide their care.

I have been in this for 15y now and I have allways wonted to keep mbu puffer and even more so now that I have seen Murphy he a very Beautiful fish 

I can’t keep one because I have a 4 year old a 3year old and 2 year old sons and I don’t have the room rite now but Iam working on a new and bigger fish room some day I will have one some day soon 

Edited by Jonesie

Recently i have discovered Alien Bettas on you tube. After seeing a few pictures and watching a few videos i think i might have just found my new favorite betta, and now i want one sooooo baaaad !!! Maybe its their unique twist on a classic beauty fish, or i got hood winked by watching videos of undoubtedly the cream of the crop specimens, but i do foresee an Alien betta in my future at some point.