Post your dream fish, that one that you're not ready to keep yet!

HenryC

Current goal: 

German blue ram, or maybe a black variation. One day it'll happen.

image.png.864da7a8a5a6b2065d4aeb4fb2c85693.png

Saltwater goal (hopefully no one gives me crap for this lol I'm still freshwater at heart):

Dogface puffer. I am obsessed with how it looks like a dalmatian. The. cutest. 

image.png.1c96e1f51388091bdd81865329fc5a7d.png

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Maverick said:

What tank size would you keep them in?

Minimum 125g for a pair, I believe is what I saw as the recommended minimum for a pair (70g for a singleton), but I'd love to get a 175g or a bit bigger and have oscars. I had entirely the wrong setup for my pair years ago then had to rehome them when my health took a serious downturn (worked out great for them, as the person who took them knew about their needs and had the right setup). I've learned a lot since then about tank maintenance as well as the needs of oscars, so I'd love to get a big tank that's truly suitable and have oscars again.

I am already working with a lot of dream fish as I own alligator gar and I have a 300 hillstream tank with a lot of little fast fish. As far as dream fish go it changes with the more species I learn but the one that stays pretty consistent is I would like to one day do a true Amazonian monster tank. A aquarium that is somewhere between 60,000-100,000 gallons with some of the Amazon's biggest fish but not in an "over stocked" way. I would want to make it an indoors flooded forest with monster catfish and rays and a few large peacock bass.

• Like 4

I would love a. Neocaridina red crystle shrimp tank or I have always had goldfish but I want to upgrade. A 230g or largee full to the brim with pure breed oranda goldfish. Just like @Cory 800g. I woild also like a 75 gallon with a school of 5 piranha. I know its quite controversial but I think I would put in the effort and love them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 5:32 AM, HenryC said:

What's your dream fish, or that fish that you've been wanting for a while but can't get it yet. Tell us why you do not have it yet, maybe because it is too rare, expensive, aggressive, massive, etc?

Personally, I've been keeping fish for nearly 2 years now, and American cichlids are starting to become my favore fishies fast. Too bad some of them get enormous!

My dream fish that I want to keep is:
Umbee, apparently extremely aggressive and gigantic, can reach 24"! I do nnont have the space for a tank worthy of this absolute unit.

Fell in love with it when I saw it in this video!

What's yours?

My uncle keeps those and loves them!

• Like 1

Sorry I have quite a few. Hope you guys don't mind...

Bucket list of fish I hope to keep: Apistogramma spec., Otocinclus, Rosy Tetra, Emperor Tetra, Congo Tetra, Cardinal Tetra (can't find these at any local shops only neons), Mollies, Hillstream Loach, Oranda Goldfish, White Cloud Minnow, Cherry Barb, Cherry Shrimp

Fish I've kept before but want to keep again: False Julii Corydoras

Fish I already keep but can't get enough of: Peppered Corydoras, Pygmy Corydoras

• Like 1

For me, Brachyplatystoma tigrinum is a true dream fish.  I'm just not able to set up the proper aquarium for them at the moment.  They are absolutely spectacular catfish to see in person, so if you have the chance to do so I'd take advantage of the opportunity!

Photo Credit:  Ben Lee c/o https://www.planetcatfish.com/common/image.php?species=brachyplatystoma_tigrinum&image_id=14568

Tig.jpg.b471b4b491323b12feea781e61fcff04.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Erik W. said:

It seems silly but rummynose tetras, but on a huge scale! Think like Cory's 800 gallon! 1000 rummynose!!!

Totally with you here, a huge school of Rummy Nosed Tetras or another colourful schooling tetra or similar fish in a large tank. Or a shoal of pearl scale koi Angels.

• Like 1